Success requires energy.
No energy – no success.
Passion is focused energy.
No passion – no leadership.
The most important thing you manage is your own energy.
7 energy drains:
- Self-importance. The false belief others can’t survive without you, drains you.
- Let-down after success.
- Ambiguous, unreachable expectations.
- Unrelenting pressure.
- Constant problem-solving.
- Can’t-do teammates.
- Fatigue after pouring your heart into failed projects.
12 ways successful leaders find energy:
- Lighten up. Say, “The world will go on without me.”
- Build in breathe time after high-stress activities.
- Let someone help you.
- Make self-reflection a daily ritual.
- Finish a project, don’t rush to the next. Allow for margin.
- Take a short walk.
- Go to bed earlier.
- Create organizational structures and systems that don’t depend on you.
- Talk it out when you’re worn out. Find a listening ear that helps you see more clearly.
- Take on a task or project you can complete quickly.
- Reconnect with your purpose. Why do you do what you do?
- Believe. Believe you can make a difference. Believe in your team.
Bonus: Eliminate energy vampires. If you can’t reform energy vampires, remove them. If you can’t remove them, reassign them.
Source: 12 Ways Successful Leaders Find Energy ( https://leadershipfreak.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/12-ways-successful-leaders-find-energy/ )